Saturday 4 June 2011

Man, Woman and her.....

Just finished watching the marathon episode of `Balika Vadhu' (thats the only serial on idiot box that holds my interest!).  Right now the storyline revolves around lost love or you could say `new-found love'. An episode on the idiot box  being the topic of discussion sounds a little absurd, LS (low Society) and very auntiish! It holds a lot of meaning to me because its a reflection of my life.. which was..... 

As for the happiness quotient I have a fair share of it but being human I still feel deprived of something that is solely mine! I guess its every woman's desire to be one and only and I am not any different. Guess its with every woman ....cant accept her spouse's friendship with the opposite sex...and anything beyond that would be murder.  In this day and age I have met quite a lot of them who cant bear their husbands being affectionate to their sisters or their mother (the logic that he was born with her or brought up by her totally misses their attention) !!

Yes, I live in this age and I consider myself very broadminded and am nothing like what I described about the so-called present generation girls who have problems with their husband's friendship or his bonding with his mother or sister. But here I was faced with a strange situation and have gone through marathon session of introspections and debates with self, with spouse and with other's who matter to me.

After a point we realise we have few choices in life and in some cases only two..you either go all the way or snap it off... I chose the former! For a while I told myself its for my two kids who are my lifeline and then at some point the realisation struck me that this was just an excuse I gave myself. I just could not stop loving this man!!! Its absurd. Ain't it? Haven't you heard people say `Love is strange.' Its immaterial how educated, literate or progressive you are....there are some things where you feel you have absolutely no control.  Life just takes over and you are just left watching.

My sister is my greatest pal and my emotional punch bag. She is also my counsellor, my well wisher and of course the greatest shrink in this Universe (for me!!).  After my parents its her. If I have come this far with my sanity in place its all thanks to this angel in my life.

Its been ten years now, my life has seen all kinds of ups and downs and there are many occasions when memory hurts but there is something within you which tells you....life isn't so bad and after this it can only get better. 

I am waiting for that turn.....

No comments:

Post a Comment